Other costs apply
About this course
- Have completed graduate work equivalent to the master’s degree in education or a related field at a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.50 on a 4.00 for all graduate-level hours. In addition, applicants must have validated strengths on the multiple indicators listed below:
- Official transcripts of all college-level work completed and indication of a degree conferral.
- Completion of 15 hours of post-master’s degree coursework leading to a district leadership or superintendent license OR 15 hours of post-master’s degree coursework in a related field approved by WSU doctoral program faculty OR a combination of 15 hours of post-master’s degree graduate coursework in a district leadership license program and other coursework in a related field approved by WSU doctoral program faculty.
- Three years of formal experience in a P-16 educational organization.
- At least three letters of recommendation from supervisors and/or professional peers which attest to the applicant’s potential for success as an educational leader.
- A current resume or curriculum vita of educational and professional experience.
- A brief, one page statement of professional goals related to the completion of the doctoral degree in educational leadership.
- A sample of academic writing (such as a published article or paper written for a graduate level course).