- 379 QS World University Rankings 2014
- 366 QS World University Rankings 2013
- 379 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- 361 QS World University Rankings 2015
|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
|International students||Information not available|
About Washington State University
The Pullman campus of Washington State University is 620 acres (2.5 km2) and is located in the Palouse region. The average elevation of the campus is approximately 2,500 feet (760 m) above sea level, and is seven miles (11 km) west of the Idaho border and Moscow, home of the University of Idaho, also a land-grant institution. The university communities are connected by Highway 270 and the Bill Chipman Palouse Trail.
A variety of transportation options make it easy to get around campus and the surrounding community.
Buses and Shuttle Vans
- Buses and shuttles travel to the most popular local destinations.
- Around town and around campus
- Pullman Transit buses are free for students, staff, and faculty. Just flash your Cougar Card to ride to nearby neighborhoods and your most frequented places on and off campus.
- The Pullman Transit bus locator maps the location of buses in real time, so you can determine how close the next bus is to your location.
- To Spokane International Airport
- Wheatland Express offers for-fee shuttle service to Spokane International Airport.
- To Seattle
- Wheatland Express also runs buses to and from Seattle during Thanksgiving, winter, and spring breaks, as well as on weekends
- WSU Zimride helps you offer or request rides online for commutes, road trips, and popular events.
- A van pool is a great way to cut commute expenses. The University coordinates van pools from Palouse, Colfax, Colton, Uniontown, and the Lewiston/Clarkston Valley. Park and Ride lots let you park free during the day and ride the Pullman Transit bus to campus.
Taxi Services are readily available with various taxi station:
- A-Z Taxi: 509-336-5050 or 208-882-6141 (Idaho)
- A Wildcat Taxi: 208-301-2175
- Big Cat Taxi: 509-334-5200
- Top Notch Taxi: 509-338-0500
- The campus’ forward-thinking bike-sharing program lets students, faculty, and staff borrow bikes (and helmets) for a day for free.
- The Zipcar car-sharing program lets students reserve and rent a car for as little as an hour to run errands or a few days for a weekend trip with friends. Zipcars are parked on the Pullman campus for checkout by university students, faculty and staff.
- Students must be a licensed driver and at least 18 years old to rent a Zipcar.
A number of the residence halls are co-ed, but there are single-gender living environments as well as a variety of other living options that include age-restricted housing, a mix of domestic and international students, and a global learning community. All of the residence halls, except for McEachern and Stimson, are part of the RHA (Residence Hall Association).
Residence halls on campus include:
- The Hill Halls: Community/Duncan-Dunn, Honors, McCroskey, Wilmer-Davis and Stevens
- The Northside Halls: Regents Hill, Scott-Coman, Streit-Perham, and Northside (opened in Fall 2013)
- The South Central Halls: Gannon-Goldsworthy, Stimson and Waller
- The Upper Division Halls: Rogers, Orton and McEachern
- The Complex: Stephenson East, Stephenson North and Stephenson South
- Olympia: Opened in Fall 2009
Each hall has its own government which organizes events, manages its budget, and acts as a forum for student involvement. These halls range in size from the exclusive Stevens Hall (approximately 70 residents), to the massive Stephenson Complex (approximately 1200 residents total). The highlight of the year for the residence halls is often Homecoming Week when the residence halls, off-campus students, and Greeks compete in various events. Events such as the chariot race determine the winner of Homecoming Week.
For those who wished to live off-campus can choose to rent properties from the housing options.
Single Student Apartments:
- Chief Joseph Village
- Chinook Village
- Columbia Village
- Nez Perce Village
Courses available 7Accounting & Finance 1 Applied, Pure Sciences 2 Engineering 3 Law 1
Be the first one!