|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Wartburg College
The college was moved several times to accommodate the shifting tide of Lutheran immigration (Dubuque, St. Sebald near Strawberry Point, Waverly, and Clinton in Iowa and Galena and Mendota in Illinois). It permanently located in Waverly in 1935. The name Wartburg was given to the college when it was located in rural St. Sebald because the wooded countryside of the area reminded Grossmann of the Thuringian Forest where the Wartburg Castle is located.
Waverly is a city in Bremer County, Iowa, United States. The population was 9,874 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Bremer County and is part of the Waterloo–Cedar Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The sister city of Waverly is the German city of Eisenach, which is famous for the Wartburg castle. Waverly is also the home of Wartburg College which is named after this castle.
First-Year Residence Halls
- The Complex consists of three structurally connected buildings (Centennial, Vollmer, and Hebron Hall). Most rooms are doubles; however, three- and four-person rooms are available. One kitchen in Centennial serves The Complex. The Complex is a substance-free residence hall.
- Clinton Hall, which opened in 1957 and scheduled for renovation in 2016, houses 150 men and 130 women. Three--person rooms are available, although most rooms are doubles. Clinton is a substance-free residence hall.
Suite-Style Residence Halls
- Built in 1919 and completely renovated in 1997, Founders Hall has the character and charm of an older building and the convenience of a newer one. The building houses 80 students, men and women. The variety of room styles include single and double rooms, and three- and four-person suites.
- Afton and Waverly Manors each consist of four separate two-story houses where 12 men and 12 women live on different floors. Students in two adjoining double rooms share bath facilities. Rooms surround the central lounge.
- Grossmann Hall opened in the fall of 1995 and Löhe Hall in 2004. Floors are arranged in suites for one, three, four, six, or eight students. Sleeping rooms are grouped around a small living area with bath and shower areas centrally located to accommodate several suites. Cardinal Commons is a multi-purpose atrium that separates Grossmann and Löhe Halls.
- The Residence provides a living/learning atmosphere for groups of eight. A "24-hour quiet" policy is in effect. Groups are selected on the basis of a service project partnered with an organization in the Cedar Valley Area, stated goals, and means of evaluation. Each suite consists of four double rooms with two bathrooms and a spacious living area that can accommodate special programming. First-year students are rarely assigned to The Residence unless they are invited to be part of an existing project. Halls share a common lounge area that was once the college president's house, which includes a kitchen.
- Knights Village opened in September 2000. It consists of individual two-story "townhouses" named after cities where Wartburg College has been located at various times in its history. It includes a commons, called Saginaw Haus, as well as Mendota Haus, Galena Haus, Dubuque Haus, and St. Sebald Haus. The village houses 88 seniors in units designed for four to seven students. Occupancy is restricted to seniors. Kitchen facilities are available in each apartment. All apartments are furnished with a sofa, chairs, kitchen table and chairs, refrigerator, and an oven. Coin-operated laundry facilities are located in Saginaw Haus for all members of Knights Village.
Courses available 10Applied and Pure Sciences 2 Beauty and Personal Care 1 Computer Science and IT 1 Engineering 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 4 Mass Communication & Media 1
Be the first one!