Applicants should hold a Baccalaureate degree that supports the State of Utah Teacher License. Applicants must submit all of the following to the UVU School of Education.
- Complete application online
- UVU Masters of Education Online Paper Application (pdf)
- Remit a nonrefundable $45 fee by check or money order (payable to UVU).
- Forward all official university transcripts.
- Respond to all admission essay questions.
- Provide three letters of recommendation submitted electronically or mailed from the writer directly to the UVU School of Education.
- Send official GRE test scores. Prospective students must complete the GRE general test with a minimum score at or above the 40th percentile overall in the verbal and quantitative portions; special consideration will be given to the quantitative score. GRE registration is available at www.ets.org/gre
- Submit TOEFL scores (only for applicants for whom English is a second language and who have not earned a degree in the United States).
- Attend an interview with the School of Education Graduate Committee.
Required Courses: 12 Credits
- EDUC 6100 Research Methodology
- EDUC 6110 Applied Statistics for Education
- EDUC 6200 Master's Project
- EDUC 6910 Project I
- EDUC 6920 Project II
- EDUC 6930 Project III
Option I: Models of instruction : 18 credits
- EDUC 6300 Curriculum Design
- EDUC 6310 Program Assessment
- EDUC 6320 Instructional Models I
- EDUC 6330 Instructional Models ii
- EDUC 6400 Transformational Leadership
- EDUC 6410 Contemporary Issues
Option II: 18 Credits
- EDUC 6340 ESL Methods
- EDUC 6350 Theories of Second Language Acquistion
- EDUC 6360 Multicultural Education
- EDUC 6370 Assessment in English as a Second Language Learner
- EDUC 6380 Literacy and Linguistics in English as a Second Language 3
- EDUC 6390 Family and Community Involvement