About University of the Ozarks
The University of the Ozarks is a private university that was established in 1834 by the Cumberland Presbyterians. The institute was originally known under the name of Cane Hill School and in 1891, it closed its operations and was succeeded by the Arkansas Cumberland College. In 1920, the name was changed to The College of the Ozarks, and was then named the University of the Ozarks in 1987. The university is known to have relationships with the Presbyterian Church, and has consistently provided students personal, creative, student-oriented innovative private education.