Other costs apply
About this course
The programme is designed to provide students with a broad background and overview of the fields comprising marine biology and make use of the diverse interests of the marine biology faculty within the department.
- A M.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university OR, if entering with a B.S., completed all the requirements for the M.S. Biology or M.S. Marine Biology degree at UNCW except submission of bound thesis.*
- An overall graduate grade point average of at least 3.0 out of 4.0.
- A score on the Graduate Record Examination General Test with a target of the 65th percentile or better (average for the verbal, quantitative and analytical writing sections).
- A score of at least 550 on the paper version (213 on the computer version) of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants whose native language is not English.
- An application that outlines the applicant’s academic goals and identifies a faculty advisor who has indicated a willingness to mentor the student.
- Three letters of reference, at least two of which must be from faculty members. All three must be from professionals working in the applicant’s field of interest.