About this course
Our M.S. in Marine Sciences offers post-baccalaureate training in a wide variety of marine science topics. This training begins on the scenic shores of our waterfront campus, which extends into the churning confluence of the Saco River and Atlantic Ocean, then takes you out into the field where you may conduct research in one of the marine habitats nearby our Biddeford Campus, or in any other marine habitat around the world.
- Graduation from a U.S. regionally accredited baccalaureate or higher degree program. (If the Bachelor's degree is in progress at the time of application, it must be completed prior to enrollment).
- All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better ("C-" grades are not acceptable).
- All science prerequisites must include a lab component
- All prerequisites must be completed prior to enrollment (summer term for research assistantships; fall for others).
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0; minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.0 required
- Successfully complete the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) test with competitive scores and submit official score report
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attend to the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions to complete application file.
- Prior to or early in the admissions process, students are advised to communicate with faculty with whom they want to work.