- Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts for ALL institutions previously attended
- Application Fee
- If English is not the language of nurture, official test scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE exam are required
- 500 on the written TOEFL
- 173 on the computer-based TOEFL
- 61 on the internet-based TOEFL
- 5.5 on the IELTS
- 44 on the PTE
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.0 in undergraduate courses related to proposed major
MA-MATH Required Courses:
There are no required courses, Choose mathematics courses with a number of 8000 or above and ending in the digit zero or six and excluding 8010,8020,8040,8806, and 8880. At least fifteen of these hours must be in courses with a number ending in the zero digit. These fifteen hours may include the six hours of thesis and three hours of independent study, MATH 8970.
Since all courses are electives with the exception of the six thesis credit hours, all courses taken must satisfy the above requirements for the 30 credit hours. Up to 12 hours of graduate work electives may be taken in areas related to mathematics such as physics, computer science, and economics, if permission is obtained from the Graduate Program Committee.
MA-MATH Exit Requirements:
MATH 8990: Thesis (6)
- All candidates should carefully review the Graduate College requirements for forming the Supervisory Committee, Thesis/Thesis Equivalent Proposal Approval Forms, and final approval and submission of the thesis.
- Pass a comprehensive examination
Minor in Mathematics-9 hours:
To earn a graduate minor in Mathematics, a student must complete nine hours of graduate-level mathematics (excluding MATH 8010, 8020, 8040 and 8880), with at leastsix hours of graduate-only courses. In addition, all grades earned must be grades of “B”or better。