Other costs apply
About this course
- Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts for ALL institutions previously attended
- Application Fee
- If English is not the language of nurture, official test scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE exam are required
- 500 on the written TOEFL
- 173 on the computer-based TOEFL
- 61 on the internet-based TOEFL
- 5.5 on the IELTS
- 44 on the PTE
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.0 in undergraduate courses related to proposed major
Program - Specific Requirements:
- International students are required to have a minimum T OEFL score of 250 computer - based, 100 internet - based or a 68 PTE.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Writing Sample
- For students pursuing a concentration in French, German, or Spanish , a written target - language sample of five to seven pages in length. Students may submit a paper prepared for an undergraduate language class, or compose a new paper on any topic.
- For students pursuing a concentration in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) , a five - to seven - page writing sample in English. Students may submit a paper prepared for an undergraduate English class, or compose a new paper on any topic.
- Applicant must have taken ENGL 3610: Introduction to Linguistics or an equivalent course. Those who do not meet this requirement may be admitted provisionally.
- An oral target - language sample via MP3 or WAV file is required . The target oral sample should be a simple description, three to five minutes in length, i.e., a description of one’s family, job, an important event, etc.