Admission to the UNO Graduate College requires the Bachelors Degree, with admission of seniors contingent upon receipt of the degree. Undergraduate record as measured by the Grade Point Average (GPA) is the primary evidence used for admission. A GPA of 3.00 or higher over the Junior-Senior year, or in economics courses if the undergraduate major is economics, is normally required for admittance. If the GPA is below 3.00, other records, such as Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores, letters of recommendation, and grades in specific undergraduate courses, may be used as additional evidence of ability to do graduate work. The GRE is not required for admission. Applicants with non-English backgrounds are required to take the TOEFL, and must normally score at least 530 to be admitted to the program.
Required Courses (12-15 hours):
- ECON 8296 Research Methods in Economics and Business (3)
- ECON 8306 Quantitative Applications in Economics and Business (3)
- This course is not required for students demonstrating satisfactory mathematical skills.
- If it is not taken, students should take three (3) additional hours of elective courses.
- ECON 8220 Macroeconomic Theory (3)
- ECON 8200 Microeconomic Theory (3)
- ECON 8300 Econometrics (3) Concentrations (9 hours):
Business Economics (select 3 courses from below):
- ECON 8020 Environmental Economics and Management (3)
- ECON 8160 Seminar in Labor Economics (3)
- ECON 8210 Managerial Economics (3)
- ECON 8216 Industrial Organization (3)
- ECON 8230 Business Conditions Analysis (3)
- ECON 8310 Forecasting (3)
- ECON 8346 Economics of Technology (3)
- ECON 8456 Monetary Theory and Policy (3)
- ECON 8616 International Trade (3)
- ECON 8626 International Monetary Economics (3)
- ECON 8706 Economics of eBusiness (3)
- ECON 8736 Economics of Entrepreneurship (3)