- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.75 or higher do not need to take the general GRE exam to be considered for the program. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.75 are required to take the GRE exam and obtain a minimum combined score for the verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning of 300 before they can be admitted to the program.
- A TOEFL iBT score of 83, an IELTS score of 6.5, a Cambridge English Advanced Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) score of Level C1 or completion of ELS level 110 English for Academic Purposes. Students graduating from an accredited US university are exempt from the English requirement.
Students will complete a minimum of 36 hours of approved graduate coursework toward the Master of Science. Of these, three hours will be credited for structured tutoring of undergraduate students and six hours for working on at least one consulting project. The core courses of the program are:
- Advanced Probability and Statistical Inference I
- Advanced Probability and Statistical Inference II
- Statistical Methods I
- Statistical Methods II
- Design of Experiments
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Practicum (tutoring and consulting)
Elective courses include (but not limited to)
- Survival Analysis and Reliability
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Multivariate Analysis