Applicants to this program must provide:
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college/university attended.Official, competitive GRE score taken within the last five years.
- Master’s and bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Statement about educational, research, and professional career objectives.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Applicants to this program are strongly encouraged to complete the necessary information requested for the ETS PPI (Personal Potential Index) report that is available during the GRE examination. All official PPI reports must be submitted directly to the UCF College of Graduate Studies (use UCF Institution Code: 5233).
Faculty members may choose to conduct face-to-face or telephone interviews before accepting an applicant into their research program.
Elective Courses—57 Credit Hours
- May include up to a total of 12 credit hours combined of Directed (XXX 6918) or Doctoral Research (XXX 7919) and/or of Independent Study (6908)
- At least 27 credit hours must be formal coursework, exclusive of independent study
Dissertation—15 Credit Hours
- EML 7980 (15 credit hours minimum)