About this course
This program is designed for transfer to a bachelor’s degree-granting institution. Course work includes theory and practice of reporting and writing news and features for print publications. Students are required to consult with an advisor regarding appropriate option and course selection for their needs and interests.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Communicate orally and in writing in college level discourse
- Discuss and analyze current social and political issues and events
- Demonstrate proficiency with productivity software such as word processing, presentation manager, web browser and apply them in the field of communications
- Explain the importance of committing to a process of life-long learning
- Evaluate prevalent cultural narratives and texts and the various media used to convey them
- Compose articles and headlines appropriate to the style requirements of a variety of media publication and distribution channels
- Relevant qualifications recognised by the university.