About this course
This program is designed for transfer to a bachelor’s degree-granting institution. Course work includes film theory and criticism. Students are required to consult with an advisor regarding appropriate option and course selection for their needs and interests.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Communicate orally and in writing in college level discourse
- Discuss and analyze current social and political issues and events
- Demonstrate proficiency with productivity software such as word processing, presentation manager, web browser and apply them in the field of communications
- Explain the importance of committing to a process of life-long learning
- Evaluate prevalent cultural narratives and texts and the various media used to convey them
- Demonstrate an understanding of the evolution of film as a medium as well as the formal and thematic developments that constitute its history
- Apply classroom learning to the creation of student video projects
- Relevant qualifications recognised by the university.