About this course
The Curriculum concentration in Graduate Programs in Education consolidates hypothetical comprehension with down to earth applications. "Curriculum" incorporates numerous regions: logic, outline, improvement, usage, appraisal, and assessment. An intensive information of present day curricula in a recorded setting is furnished with an attention on entire frameworks and integrative seeing, and in addition particular abilities which give teachers and overseers the vital comprehension and systems to create and assess school curricula. From an expansive base, teachers will have the capacity to dig all the more profoundly into regions of their decision. While the essential center is K-12 government funded school settings, the fixation is pertinent to all levels and a mixture of connections in which educational program is created and used.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution and have attained a minimum of 3.0 GPA. If you are applying for a C.A.G.S., you must have a Master's Degree already.
- Submit a completed Application for Graduate Admission.
- Contact your undergraduate institution to submit your official transcript(s), in sealed envelope(s), of all undergraduate work (if credits were transferred, we will also need the official transcript from those institutions). If you have completed graduate work in the past, you must contact this institution as well to submit your official transcript. (Check with your institution(s), they may be able to send it electronically.)
- Include two references. One must be from an academic institution or employer, whichever is the most relevant and within the last 5 years. The second must be from a person who has observed your work with children in the age group you are interested in (i.e. Elementary is K-6; Middle 5-7 and Secondary 7-12) within the last 5 years.
- Submit a one to two page essay that answers the following question:Submit your resumé.
- Describe a significant experience that has influenced your life. Discuss how this experience has shaped your thinking about yourself as an educator. Be specific and descriptive.
- Have an interview. This will be arranged after your admission file is complete.