About this course
The Arts in Education system is intended to help members certify the essential part expressions of the human experience (visual and performing) have in schools and society. Classroom instructors, art educators, specialists, executives, and different teachers join together to investigate how to connect with understudies of all ages learning with and through expressions of the human experience. In steady situations understudies drench in the imaginative procedure; think about social and stylish sensibilities; work exclusively and synergistically to create and rehearse inventive and interdisciplinary educating; and take an interest in and apply statewide activities. The individuals who join our system are willing to grow innovative limits and find the part expressions play in creating expressive and discriminating voice. Association with the Flynn Center for the Performing Arts, the Integrated Arts Academy at H.O. Wheeler Elementary School, The Fleming Museum at the University of Vermont, and other group assets advance the Arts in Education program.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution and have attained a minimum of 3.0 GPA. If you are applying for a C.A.G.S., you must have a Master's Degree already.
- Submit a completed Application for Graduate Admission.
- Contact your undergraduate institution to submit your official transcript(s), in sealed envelope(s), of all undergraduate work (if credits were transferred, we will also need the official transcript from those institutions). If you have completed graduate work in the past, you must contact this institution as well to submit your official transcript. (Check with your institution(s), they may be able to send it electronically.)
- Include two references. One must be from an academic institution or employer, whichever is the most relevant and within the last 5 years. The second must be from a person who has observed your work with children in the age group you are interested in (i.e. Elementary is K-6; Middle 5-7 and Secondary 7-12) within the last 5 years.
- Submit a one to two page essay that answers the following question:Submit your resumé.
- Describe a significant experience that has influenced your life. Discuss how this experience has shaped your thinking about yourself as an educator. Be specific and descriptive.
- Have an interview. This will be arranged after your admission file is complete.