About this course
The Stanford MSx Program is a one-year, full-time Master of Science degree program for experienced leaders. Each year, Stanford selects an accomplished group of experienced leaders from across the globe, to spend a year as Fellows in the MSx Program, preparing for senior roles in business, government, and society. Fellows choose the program to gain deep knowledge of the art and science of leadership in a concentrated, energetic environment. And, they commit to a full-time residential experience that closes the door on distractions and enables them to focus on learning.
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold before enrollment at Stanford, a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Applicants from institutions outside the US must hold the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Britain: British patterned education – bachelor’s degree with honors.
- France: Diplome d’Ingenieur from grandes écoles or completion of two years of classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles (CPGE) and two years of course work toward the Diplome d’Ingenieur degree. Maitrise from universities.
- Germany: The diplom, magister artium (M.A.) or staatsexamen. Three-year Bologna compliant bachelor’s degree accepted.
- Other European countries University degree requiring four years of study. Three-year Bologna compliant bachelor's degree accepted.
- Middle East: University degree requiring four years of study.
- Canada: Three-year bachelor’s degree from Quebec, four-year bachelor’s degree from other provinces.
- Latin America: University degree requiring four years of study.
- India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or medicine, master’s degree in all other fields. (Note: A three-year bachelor’s degree in any subject is not considered sufficient for graduate study at Stanford. The two-year master’s degree following the three-year bachelor’s degree from India is required.)
- Philippines: Four-year bachelor’s degree.
- Russian republics: University diploma requiring four years of study. Three-year Bologna compliant bachelor’s degree accepted (requires the Diploma Supplement issued in accordance to the Bologna Declaration).
- Other Asian countries: University degree requiring four years of study.