Tuition fee (entire course)
Other costs apply
About this course
- Students choose to concentrate in fiction, creative nonfiction, or poetry.
- Each semester, full-time students participate in a workshop and a craft class and attend the literary colloquium.
- In workshops, students practice their writing and receive thoughtful feedback on their work. During their course of study, they take four workshops, usually with four different writers. This encourages students to explore an array of perspectives and techniques.
- Each student meets bi-weekly with workshop faculty in one-on-one conferences.
- In craft seminars, students discuss published writing and learn to read as writers.
- Taking a workshop in another genre is permitted; taking craft classes outside one's genre is not only permitted but encouraged.
- Sarah Lawrence MFA students can take full advantage of the College's proximity to the New York City literary scene.