Tuition fee (local)
Information not available
Tuition fee (foreign)
- An undergraduate degree in Environmental Studies or a related field from an accredited institution.
- A 3.0 or ("B") overall grade point average for the last 60 semester units of academic study.
- The capability, in the opinion of the graduate committee, of successfully completing the degree requirements.
- The removal of deficiencies if preparation differs markedly from the BS - Environmental Studies at San José State University (BA students may be required to complete general science background). Courses used to remove such deficiencies cannot be used to fulfill MS requirements. For further information see graduate coordinator.
- A satisfactory score on the official Graduate Record Examination Aptitude Test (GRE). Please note that no specialty is required. The exam results are used as an advisory tool, not as the sole determinant of admittance (or rejection) into the program.
- Two letters of recommendation from university faculty members.
- A personal statement of purpose that describes your background and goals and objectives for seeking the MS - Environmental Studies at SJSU. This letter should also convey a sense of focus and direction for thesis research.
- A minimum score of 580 on the TOEFL exam for foreign students.
- Seminar: Environmental Methods
- Seminar: Environmental Thought and Philosophy
- Research and Proposal Development
- Master's Thesis or Project
- Special Study