About this course
The MSA program offers tremendous flexibility through its unique hybrid format, which blends online discussions led by faculty and expert consultants with on-the-ground seminars held one Saturday each month at SHU’s Fairfield, Connecticut, campus.
The MSA program is specifically designed to accommodate full-time working professionals — who can complete the degree in as little as one year — as well as students who desire a five-year program that fulfills the credit hours needed to become a licensed CPA.
Individuals who have already earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting complete the 30-credit MSA program in one year. Students with other undergraduate degrees will need to take prerequisite courses before applying and must have an overall G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher to be admitted.
- Online Application
- $60 Non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a 3.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Sacred Heart University students and alumni may authorize the Office of Graduate Admissions to obtain their official SHU transcripts on their behalf. Please contact the Graduate Admissions Office for an authorization form.
- Written personal statement: a one-page statement describing your interest and qualifications for the program, as well as history of relevant business experience
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- GMAT score
- GMAT waiver requests are considered on a case-by-case basis and are based on a combination of advanced academic credentials with a substantial history of professional achievement. For more information, see our GMAT Waiver Policy.