Other costs apply
About this course
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Identify and practice the safe use of tools, equipment, and supplies used in horticulture careers, including the maintenance of trees and shrubs from youth to specimen maturity.
- Design irrigation systems meeting varying specifications as outlined by blueprint drawings and estimate costs.
- Design, construct, and install plants for both indoor and outdoor landscape projects. Select plants in horticulture production systems utilizing fundamental principles of soils, botany, and principles of horticulture.
- Identify and categorize regional and California plants by common name, growth, morphological characteristics, genus, and species.
- Develop solutions for a wide variety of plant health issues, including common pests and microbial diseases