About this course
Through this course, students can earn professional certification, the lodging industry's ultimate distinction in excellence, while they are still in school. Professional certification, from line-level to general manager, establishes hospitality as a viable career option and provides a career path with milestones that mark every professional advancement. When students pursue certification, they benefit from:
- Acknowledgement that they possess the skills and competencies required for success in their position
- Tangible recognition for their experience and knowledge in the area of certification
- Valuable opportunities for professional development and growth
- A strong edge in today's competitive marketplace
Many hotel companies and properties mandate certification because it encourages commitment to a career in hospitality. Students who build on their work experience by earning professional certification from Orange Coast College and the Educational Institute before they graduate, send a message to potential employers that they are motivated to learn and driven to succeed.
- Official transcripts:
- high school with proof of graduation,
- English as a second language program,
- college and university (if applicable) demonstrating acceptable academic performance.
English Language Requirements:
- TOEFL score (minimum score of 61 on the internet based test, or 500 on the paper-based test;
- IELTS score of 5.5 or higher;
- iTEP test level 5 or higher;
- STEP Eiken Test pre-first elevel;
- Passing results of your OCC English Assessment Test (Available only to international students who live locally);
- Completion of the appropriate level from one of the English Language Schools with which OCC has an agreement.