- Official transcripts:
- high school with proof of graduation,
- English as a second language program,
- college and university (if applicable) demonstrating acceptable academic performance.
English Language Requirements:
- TOEFL score (minimum score of 61 on the internet based test, or 500 on the paper-based test;
- IELTS score of 5.5 or higher;
- iTEP test level 5 or higher;
- STEP Eiken Test pre-first elevel;
- Passing results of your OCC English Assessment Test (Available only to international students who live locally);
- Completion of the appropriate level from one of the English Language Schools with which OCC has an agreement.
We offer a variety of certificate options depending on the age group you want to work with. The various certificates provide developmentally based courses designed to teach students how to provide competent care and interactions for children. In addition to the Associate of Arts Degree, Certificate of Achievement is offered in Infant & Toddler Teaching, Preschool Teacher, Early Intervention Aide, Early Childhood Administration and Elementary Teacher Aide.
Note: For more information about subjects associated with this program, download the Orange Coast College Catalog.