- An official transcript showing a bachelor's degree from a U.S. college or university, or an international college or university where English is the principal language of instruction.
- A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction, must demonstrate their ability to use the English language by scoring a minimum of 550 on the TOEFL.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- English proficiency testing is not required for applicants from the British Commonwealth, Australia, Canada, Great Britain, West Indies, New Zealand, South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, and Tanzania).
- TOEFL: 213 (Computer), 550 (Paper), 70 (Internet)
- IELTS - 6
*We do not accept IELTS or TOEFL scores sent via email on in person. They must come directly from the agency.
The Master of Arts program in Journalism requires students to complete 36 graduate course credits. Included in these credit hours are 9 credits of core courses required of all students in the program, 15 credit hours in the discipline, 9 course credits in a single discipline outside of the SGJC and a 3 credit Master's Project.