About this course
Our MSAT program reflects Merrimack’s emphasis on preparing students for rewarding careers in health care fields. As the first line of defense against sports-related injury, athletic trainers are there to provide critical support services for patients in need. When you complete our program, you’ll be ready to practice the 5 Domains of Athletic Training:
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis
- Immediate and emergency care
- Treatment and rehabilitation
- Organizational and professional health and well-being
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Pre-requisite courses with a C+ or better in the following courses: Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Chemistry I & II, Biology with lab, Statistics, Nutrition, one semester of physics, Introduction to Psychology. Additional coursework in either biomechanics/kinesiology and/or exercise physiology is recommended.