- 1 QS World University Rankings 2013
- 5 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
- 6 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- 1 QS World University Rankings 2014
- 1 QS World University Rankings 2015
- 5 THE World University Rankings 2015-2016
- 1 QS World University Rankings 2018
|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
About Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
MIT's 168-acre (68.0 ha) campus spans approximately a mile of the north side of the Charles River basin in the city of Cambridge. The campus is separated nearly in half by Massachusetts Avenue, with most dormitories and student life facilities to the west and most academic buildings to the east. The bridge nearby to MIT is the Harvard Bridge. The Kendall MBTA Red Line station is situated on the far northeastern edge of the campus in Kendall Square. The Cambridge neighborhoods surrounding MIT are a mixture of high tech companies occupying both modern office and rehabilitated industrial buildings as well as socio-economically diverse residential neighborhoods.
Each building at has a number description and most have a name as well. Normally, academic and office buildings are referred to mainly by number while residence halls are referred to by name. The organization of building numbers roughly corresponds to the order in which the buildings were built and their location relative (north, west, and east) to the original center cluster of Maclaurin buildings. Many of the buildings are connected above ground as well as through a widespread system of underground tunnels, providing shelter from the Cambridge weather as well as a venue for roof and tunnel hacking.
- Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center (Squash, Swimming and Diving,Water Polo)
- Alumni Pool and Wang Fitness Center (Auxiliary Recreation Facility)
- Briggs Field (Baseball and Softball)
- duPont Athletic Center (Basketball, Fencing, Rifle, Volleyball, Tennis Complex)
- duPont Tennis Courts and J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble
- Steinbrenner Stadium (Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field)
- Jack Barry Field (Field Hockey)
- Johnson Athletic Center (Fencing, Tennis, Track and Field)
- Harold W. Pierce Boathouse
- Walter C. Wood Sailing Pavilion
- Barker Engineering Library
- Hayden Humanities & Sciences Library
- Lewis Music Library
- Dewey Management & Social Sciences
- Institute Archives & Special Collections
- Rotch Architecture & Planning Library
- MIT's computing environment is known as Athena. Athena has more than 600 Unix and Linux workstations distributed around campus buildings and dorms. The Institute is a Class A network, owning 2^24 (16,777,216) IP addresses, and boasts an extensive wireless network.
- Boston's public transportation system, the MBTA, known as "the T", was the first subway in the United States and continues to be one of the easiest ways to get around Boston/Cambridge.
- The closest subway station to campus is Kendall Square on the Red Line. You may also want to consider going to Central Square or taking the #1 or CT1 bus across the Charles River from Back Bay, depending on where you are coming from and your destination on campus.
- From Amtrak/South Station, take the Red Line toward Alewife and exit at the Kendall/MIT stop.
- Most rooms have a single (twin-sized) bed. Guests are provided with sheets and a blanket, a dresser, a closet, and a desk. A few “doubles” are available to accommodate two guests. Bathrooms are shared with both students and other professionals and are located outside the room. The non-smoking, co-ed building offers a lounge/common area, self-service laundry room, and limited linen service (sheets changed weekly; towels daily).
- The dorm rooms offer wireless internet access.Dormitory reservations is available. Reservations request must be made at least two weeks in advance of your intended arrival date. Requests made less than two weeks before arrival cannot be accommodated.
- Single: $80 per night
- Double: $104 per night
- Additionally there is an $8.50 access card charge.
Hotels near MIT:
- Sheraton Boston Hotel
- The Liberty Hotel
- Residence Inn Boston Back Bay-Fenway
- Hotel Marlowe
- John Jeffries House
- Royal Sonesta Hotel
- The Inn at Harvard
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
- The Charles Hotel
- The Harvard Square Hotel
- The Sheraton Commander
- Holiday Inn - Boston/Somerville
- Club Quarters
- Best Western Hotel Tria
Courses available 10Accounting and Finance 1 Applied and Pure Sciences 3 Architecture, Building & Planning 1 Business and Management 1 Engineering 3 Humanities & Social Sciences 1
Be the first one!