About this course
The MBA for Accounting Professionals program addresses the needs of established accounting professionals who want to deepen their professional knowledge and experience. This program requires two or more years of recent full-time work experience in accounting or a related field, and a strong financial accounting academic background (three or more courses). Oracle and SAP experience is a plus but not required.
Students study on campus for 8 months (32 credits) and then apply their MBA skills to real-life situations in the workplace for up to 2 years during the curricular practical training (CPT) portion of the Accounting Professionals program. MUM may offer a student loan to cover part of the program costs to applicants who fully meet the qualification requirements.
The entire program is 2.5 years in length.
- A 4-year bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from an accredited college, university, or institute is required.
- Students with a 3-year bachelor’s in business/commerce may be considered for admission, especially with additional training or work experience. You may be required to take additional credits to graduate.
- You must have earned a minimum cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or second division rank. A slightly lower GPA may be considered if you have a strong work history and/or Chartered Accounting or CPA certifications. Applicants with a GPA under 3.0 may be required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
- TOEFL: scores below 575 paper test; below 90 internet test, below 230 computer-based test.
- IELTS: below 6.5 overall score.