About this course
From tabulating the votes for the Oscars® (PricewaterhouseCoopers, an international accounting firm, does it each year) to conducting an internal audit at a Fortune 500 company to helping an individual navigate changing tax laws, an accountant’s work is never done. Accounting has long been called the “language of business,” and since business drives most everything we do, employment opportunities in Accounting are many and varied.
The Accounting Program at Macomb Community College prepares you for entry-level positions in Accounting, or provides you with the job skills necessary to advance in your career if you are already employed in the Accounting field.
- The applicant's success or failure at Macomb Community College will depend, to a great extent, on his/her command of the English language. All lectures and textbooks are in English.
- All International Students applying from their home country are required to complete the TOEFL or Academic IELTS language test as evidence of proficiency in English and as an admission requirement. Upon arrival and checking in with International Student Services, the Macomb Placement test is required for placement purposes in English and Math.
- A minimum score of 500 is required on the hand-written test, minimum score of 173 is required on the computerized test and a score of 61 is required for the internet based test, to be considered for admission to Macomb Community College.
- Macomb Community College does not offer the TOEFL. To receive more information on dates, test centers, registration, practice tests and costs, please visit the TOEFL webpage.
- The test results must be sent directly from the testing institution. Make sure to indicate Macomb Community College's School Code 1722 on the test application. After taking the test, the results will be received by Macomb Community College in about five weeks.
- Academic IELTS Test
- A minimum score of 6.0 is required on the Academic IELTS to be considered for admission to Macomb.
- Macomb Community College does not offer the IELTS exam. To receive more information on dates, test centers, registration, practice tests and costs, please visit the IELTS webpage.
- An official test report must be sent to Macomb directly from the testing institution. You may also send the IELTS report by requesting it through the IELTS webpage.
- Placement Test
*If the prospective student is already in the United States, they may skip the TOEFL or IELTS exam and come to Macomb College to take our Placement test. Students must place into EAPP 1300 (Integrated Skills & Preparatory Composition level 3) to qualify for admissions to Macomb.