About this course
The M.S. Practitioner Track program prepares students to begin employment in psychology under the supervision of a doctoral trained and licensed psychologist. However, M.S. Practitioner Track students more typically apply to Psy.D. programs of study, since these programs attract students who have a background in practica and internship experiences, as opposed to research and thesis requirements.
The master's practitioner track in clinical psychology provides intensive training in psychological assessment. Students study under the supervision of a doctoral-trained and licensed psychologist, enrolling in coursework that is typically required in the first year of the doctoral clinical psychology program.The master's practitioner track in counseling psychology places great importance on personal and interpersonal functioning across a person's life span and prepares graduate students for counseling positions in private settings or licensure as mental health counselors.
- International Student Supplemental Application
- IELTS or TOEFL Score Report (required only if English is not your native language) The minimum required score is 7.0 for IELTS and for the TOEFL a minimum of 80 for the internet-based test and 550 for the paper test.
- Personal statement, or statement from benefactor affirming that all expenses will be met during your period of enrollment at Loyola. Expenses include tuition, fees, books, housing, medical, and all other living expenses (in U.S. dollars).
- Declaration of Finances Form accompanied by a current bank statement issued within one month of applying (in U.S. dollars). The bank statement must be an original document. Photo copies and scanned documents will NOT be accepted.
- Current Bank Statement (issued within one month of applying for admission) verifying that funds are available to support your stay at Loyola (in U.S. dollars).