Other costs apply
About this course
As a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) student, you will:
- Learn in small collaborative cohorts together with fellow students who are completing majors in various fields. It’s an interdisciplinary approach not found at other colleges;
- Be guided by learned faculty and cooperating education professionals who provide individualized advising, mentorship, and assessment;
- Work with student populations spanning the American racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic spectrum;
- Get two classroom internships and practicums in school settings where you can hone teaching skills, not just one clinical experience like at most other colleges.
Tuition per Course: $3,325
- Official college transcript that shows Bachelors’ degree from accredited institution.
- Two letters of recommendation from employer(s) and/ or professor(s) at prior institution (in desired certification area for secondary education candidates or content area major for elementary education candidate) for academic and character reference.
- Passing score in Illinois State Board of Education Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) and ISBE Content Area Test or required score on ACT/SAT (Test taken BEFORE September 1, 2015, ACT plus Writing composite score of 22 and combined Writing and English score of 19 or better, Test taken AFTER September 1, 2015, 22 composite score and minimum 16 on Writing; SAT combined score of 1030 or better with Writing score of 450 or better).