We invite applicants from any accredited college or university who wish to pursue graduate studies in English, American, and Anglophone literatures. Applicants to the programs usually have taken at least six upper division undergraduate courses in English, American, and world literature. For application we require:
- A completed application.
- Transcripts from previous institutions.
- Two current letters of recommendation with recommendation cover sheet.
- A statement of purpose outlining the applicant’s vocational aims and reasons for undertaking graduate studies in English.
- A sample of critical writing.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) only for those applying for graduate assistantships.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) only for international students.
- Restoration and Eighteenth Century
- Romantic and Victorian
- American Literature to 1900