About this course
The mission of the Biology Department is consistent with the mission of Jefferson State Community College. The department provides biology courses appropriate for students majoring in both science and non-science disciplines. Our teaching aims to help prepare students for their future professions both inside and outside of the scientific field and also to be a more informed member of their community, able to make responsible decisions in biological matters.
- Official transcript — high school or GED
- If you attended High School in the United States: For U.S. high school graduates, an official transcript is required. The transcript must come from the High School sealed. Unsealed transcripts cannot be accepted.
- If you attended High School outside the United States: An Official General Evaluation Report from an accredited credential evaluator is required. You would submit your high school documents to an evaluation company for a “General” Report evaluation. This confirms your high school work is equivalent to a U.S. High School Diploma.
- If you attended college or university overseas: Even if you have college work, Jeff State still requires your high school evaluation.
- Official Transcript(s) from U.S. Colleges and Universities: Official transcripts must be sent from each college and/or university attended in the U.S. Only official transcripts will be accepted.
- Proof of English Proficiency - ONE of the following is required:
- Passing score on the International Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum required scores: 61 on the Internet-based exam, 173 on the computer-based exam, or 500 for the written exam. Official TOEFL results must be sent to Jefferson State directly from TOEFL. JSCC School Code 1352. OR…
- Demonstrate English proficiency by attending and satisfactorily completing English 101 or higher at another regionally accredited U.S. college or university with a grade of “C” or higher. OR…
- Take and pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. Minimum required score ranging from 5.5 – 6.0, as determined by the college. Official results must be sent from directly from IELTS to JSCC.