Other costs apply
About this course
- The English major will demonstrate skill in the art of written communication, utilizing the principles of effective style (i.e., diction, sentence structure, stylistic variety, and organization) and concrete development
- The English major will apply a factual knowledge base to the analysis and interpretation of literature. (The knowledge base includes an understanding of character, setting, theme, point of view, symbolism, and irony)
- The English major will communicate an appreciation for literature as a fine art, for writing as a significant rhetorical tool, and for linguistics as a foundational aspect of language study
- The English major will explain the general linguistic principles that characterize the English language
- TOEFL score sheet: If an applicant is not from one of the following English-speaking countries, he or she MUST submit an official TOEFL scoresheet: Ireland, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Commonwealth Caribbean. A minimum score of 40 on the iBT is required for ESL classes, and a minimum score of 70 on the iBT is required for consideration to start regular university classes instead of ESL.