About this course
The Certificate in Counseling Skills is designed for students who wish to develop counseling skills without pursuing licensure as a psychotherapist. By developing a course sequence in collaboration with the department chair, students pursue a course of study tailored to their professional interests. Counseling skills are an important asset in many professions, especially those that involve working with people. This certificate can be taken independently or combined with other degree programs, such as the Master of Arts in Industrial-Organizational Psychology.
- Applicants seeking admission to a masters degree program must hold a bachelors degree from a regionally-accredited US college or university or a degree comparable to a US bachelor's degree from an accredited international institution.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts -- and certified English translations -- from each school previously attended. Examination scores and mark sheets may be submitted if the institutions attended do not maintain transcripts.
English Language Proficiency
Proof of achieving Golden Gate University's English Language Proficiency Admission Requirements is required of all graduate applicants who are non-native speakers of English. The English proficiency tests we accept are TOEFL, IELTS and PTE.
- TOEFL paper-based test (pBT) 550
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) 79
- IELTS 6.5
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) 57