About this course
The Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MS ITM) program was designed by faculty with experience in leading-edge technologies to develop professionals suited for the top positions in the IT management field. The degree meets the needs of the modern management-level technology professional responsible for the planning, budgeting, design, integration and deployment of strategic enterprise technologies and programs that contribute to the business organization's success.
The MS ITM curriculum is grounded in the four foundational components of IT: 1) software, 2) infrastructure, 3) network/communications, and 4) data. The program addresses these foundations from both a contemporary and forward-looking perspective. Instructors with extensive field experience at some of the Bay Area's top companies present courses that address strategic application of the foundation while integrating emerging technologies, e.g. unstructured data analytics, cloud services, virtualization, mobile platforms, and social media.
- Applicants seeking admission to a masters degree program must hold a bachelors degree from a regionally-accredited US college or university or a degree comparable to a US bachelor's degree from an accredited international institution.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts -- and certified English translations -- from each school previously attended. Examination scores and mark sheets may be submitted if the institutions attended do not maintain transcripts.
English Language Proficiency
Proof of achieving Golden Gate University's English Language Proficiency Admission Requirements is required of all graduate applicants who are non-native speakers of English. The English proficiency tests we accept are TOEFL, IELTS and PTE.
- TOEFL paper-based test (pBT) 550
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) 79
- IELTS 6.5
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) 57
Graduate Writing Proficiency Requirement
- Students admitted to the Master of Science in IT Management degree program must meet the graduate writing proficiency requirement within the first nine units of the program by successfully passing the Graduate Writing Proficiency Exam or by completing Graduate Writing with a grade of B or better. See "Proficiency in Mathematics, English and Computer Skills Required for Certain Master's Degrees and Certain Graduate Certificates.
Math Proficiency Requirement
- Students admitted to this program are expected to possess a level of mathematical skill at least equivalent to Intermediate Algebra. Students may meet this requirement by satisfying one of the screening criteria listed under the heading "Proficiency in Mathematics, English and Computer Skills Required for Certain Master's Degrees and Certain Graduate Certificates."