- Applicants seeking admission to a masters degree program must hold a bachelors degree from a regionally-accredited US college or university or a degree comparable to a US bachelor's degree from an accredited international institution.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts -- and certified English translations -- from each school previously attended. Examination scores and mark sheets may be submitted if the institutions attended do not maintain transcripts.
English Language Proficiency
Proof of achieving Golden Gate University's English Language Proficiency Admission Requirements is required of all graduate applicants who are non-native speakers of English. The English proficiency tests we accept are TOEFL, IELTS and PTE.
- TOEFL paper-based test (pBT) 550
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) 79
- IELTS 6.5
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) 57
Graduate Writing Proficiency Requirement
- Students admitted to the Master of Science in IT Management degree program must meet the graduate writing proficiency requirement within the first nine units of the program by successfully passing the Graduate Writing Proficiency Exam or by completing Graduate Writing with a grade of B or better. See "Proficiency in Mathematics, English and Computer Skills Required for Certain Master's Degrees and Certain Graduate Certificates.
Math Proficiency Requirement
- Students admitted to this program are expected to possess a level of mathematical skill at least equivalent to Intermediate Algebra. Students may meet this requirement by satisfying one of the screening criteria listed under the heading "Proficiency in Mathematics, English and Computer Skills Required for Certain Master's Degrees and Certain Graduate Certificates."
- Data Analysis for Managers
- Management Theory and Communications
- Managing Data Systems
- Infrastructure and Hosted Services
- Software Engineering
- Networks & Communications
- Security, Privacy, & Compliance
- Budgeting & Finance for IT Managers
- Strategic IT Planning, Organization & Leadership (Capstone)
Choose one of the following concentrations:
- General Information Technology Management Concentration
- Business Data Analytics Concentration