About this course
The master of science in finance is a specialized, technical program providing in-depth exposure to the principles and practices of corporate finance and investment management. The main objective of the program is to provide the specialized knowledge needed to add immediate value to your organization as a financial manager or investment adviser.
Students can choose to earn this degree entirely online or through a combination of online and in-class courses. Online courses are taught by the same professors and present the same material as traditional courses, with the added ability to ask questions, make comments, and confer with classmates 24-hours a day.
This degree is intended for students who have made a professional commitment to this key business discipline and who are interested in equipping themselves with a comprehensive array of analytical tools and techniques. The curriculum does not provide the broad overview of business that is typical of an MBA; instead, it focuses on areas most relevant to financial managers, security analysts, corporate bankers and portfolio managers.
- Applicants seeking admission to a masters degree program must hold a bachelors degree from a regionally-accredited US college or university or a degree comparable to a US bachelor's degree from an accredited international institution.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts -- and certified English translations -- from each school previously attended. Examination scores and mark sheets may be submitted if the institutions attended do not maintain transcripts.
English Language Proficiency
Proof of achieving Golden Gate University's English Language Proficiency Admission Requirements is required of all graduate applicants who are non-native speakers of English. The English proficiency tests we accept are TOEFL, IELTS and PTE.
- TOEFL paper-based test (pBT) 550
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) 79
- IELTS 6.5
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) 57
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate a working familiarity and skill with computers and software applications appropriate for graduate studies. This includes knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet analysis, visual presentation software and network access capabilities. Faculty may require additional preparation for those students who have not achieved the needed proficiency.
Maths Proficiency Requirement
- Students admitted to this program are expected to possess a level of mathematical skill at least equivalent Mathematics for Management