About this course
Perimeter College’s Music program has a proven record of preparing students for success in a variety of music-related fields. An artist faculty with a substantial background in performing, conducting, composition and arranging empower students to critically analyze and effectively perform music of various styles and genres. A rich and varied calendar of recitals and concerts provides them with opportunities to perfect their own performing skills and to experience the skill of faculty and guest artist performers.
After completing the requisite coursework, students earn an Associate of Arts degree and may transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree in fields such as music performance, music education, composition, music therapy, arts administration and audio engineering.
- Proof of Language Proficiency Requirements. One of the following conditions must be met:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 480 (paper based) or 157 (computer based testing) or 55 (internet-based testing)
- Official IELTS score of 5.5
- Minimum SAT critical reading score of 330, or minimum ACT English score of 12
- Completion of English Composition I course (grade “C” or better) at an accredited U.S. college or university