About this course
Our M.A.T. degree is a field-based, cohort-model, mentor led program that will provide you the best possible preparation for becoming a classroom high school teacher. We offer one-year programs on two campuses: Milledgeville and the Macon Center for Graduate and Professional Learning.
We offer a two-year program for working professionals at the Macon Center. Both options are designed for individuals who have completed an accredited undergraduate degree program and desire to earn teacher certification at the high school (6-12) level. Students completing the program and all certification requirements will receive Georgia Level Five Teacher Certification.
Cohort enrollment is limited, please apply soon. One and two year cohorts begin every summer.
1. Pass an on-site writing assessment
2. Meet minimal Grade Point Average of 2.5
3. Pass (or exempt) GACE Basic Assessment
1. Graduate School Application
2. Two professional recommendations
3. Official transcripts
4. Verification of immunization
5. GACE Content Assessment scores