About this course
Our M.A.T. degree is a field-based, cohort-model, mentor led program that will provide you the best possible preparation for becoming a middle grades science/mathematics teacher. We offer a one-year program on the Milledgeville campus.
This degree is designed for individuals who have completed an accredited undergraduate degree program and desire to earn teacher certification at the middle grades school (4-8) level in mathematics and science. Students completing the program and all certification requirements will receive Georgia Level Five Teacher Certification.
Cohorts begin every summer and enrollment is limited. Please apply soon.
1. Pass an on-site writing assessment
2. Meet minimal Grade Point Average of 2.5
3. Pass (or exempt) GACE Basic Assessment
4. Pass GACE Content Assessments Tests-Middle Grades Science Test (014) and Middle Grades Mathematics Test (013)
1. University Admissions Form
2. Two professional recommendations
3. Official transcripts
4. Verification of immunization
5. Middle Grades M.A.T. program application
6. GACE Content Assessment passing scores