The first step is to apply to the university as a graduate student. This includes Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogy Test (MAT) scores, transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate courses, and three letters of recommendation.
After this is completed, please contact the director of music therapy to arrange an interview and audition.
The program of study is 21 hours of core graduate music therapy courses including a final project or thesis, and 9 hours of supportive courses that are related to the study track and area of concentration.
Core Music Therapy courses include:
- Music Therapists and Technology
- Two Advanced Research Classes
- Gender and Transcultural Issues in Music Therapy
- Music and the Exceptional Child
- Two in-depth Independent Studies
- Study Abroad opportunities
- Graduate Seminar in Music Therapy
- Thesis or Final Project