About this course
Professionals who pursue the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT): Kinesiology/Physical Education will earn initial teacher licensure at the master's degree level. The degree program is designed for college graduates whose undergraduate program did not include coursework in Health and Physical Education necessary for P-12 teacher certification. Successful completion of the M.A.T. program leads to a T-5 Georgia Teacher Certification.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline.
- GRE or MAT scores
- GPA of at least a 2.75 for the upper division major courses in undergraduate study.
- Evidence of meeting the Essential Course Admission Prerequisites
- Letter of application describing your teaching philosophy and how the program of study you are applying to meets your career goals;
- Current resume, current training certificates or certification cards (e.g. CPR, First Aid);
- Two (2) signed letters of reference (by email pdf attachment, fax, or regular post);
- Phone or in-person interview.