About this course
The M.Ed. in Kinesiology: Health Promotion is appropriate for students from a variety of majors including, but not limited to exercise science, athletic training, community health, health promotion, or nursing. The health promotion program is designed to assist students who wish to gain additional knowledge and skills as a health educator working in the areas of primary and secondary prevention of chronic and acute diseases and disorders and in the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- A GPA of 2.75 or higher in 3000 and 4000 level courses for the undergraduate degree.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate statistics course;
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores + undergraduate degree x 10 must equal 1200 or higher;
- Letter of application indicating why you have chosen a career in health promotions, your teaching/professional philosophy, and how the program of study you are applying to meets your career goals;
- Two (2) letters of reference signed by the referee (by email pdf attachment, fax, or regular post).