About this course
The Leadership degrees at Georgia College offer training in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions required to be an effective leader in our public schools. The programs provide students with strong training in school leadership practice under the direction of highly qualified faculty who have all been school leaders in public school settings. The leadership programs at Georgia College are specifically designed for adult learners seeking to advance their practice from the classroom into the leadership area and are taught part time at our Graduate Education Center in Macon and on the Milledgeville campus. Geared towards working adults, coursework is scheduled Saturdays and online with internship requirements completed in their home districts under the direct supervision of Georgia College faculty.
If you hold a current clear renewable teaching certificate in Georgia and are interested in the challenge of becoming a school leader then youve completed the first steps. The M.Ed. in Educational Leadership is open to any educator currently certified in Georgia and no background in a specific area is required. The Ed.S. requires that an applicant have in Leadership and NL5 or L5 certification. A complete set of application materials consists of:
(1) the application form;
(2) official copies of all transcripts;
(3) a passing score on the School of Education Writing Assessment Test
4) a copy of your current teaching certificate;
5) two letters of recommendation;
6) verification of immunization; and
7) 2.25 G.P.A. for M.Ed.; 3.25 G.P.A. for Ed.S. For the Ed.S., an interview is required, and applicants must comply with current PSC regulations for leadership positions.