If you currently are a certified educator in the state of Georgia at the T-5 level in Early Childhood Education, Middle Grades Education, or Secondary Education and want to broaden your expertise in the classroom and school programming in curriculum, instruction and applied research. The Ed.S. in Curriculum & Instruction is open to any currently certified educator with appropriate certification in early childhood, middle grades, or secondary education.
Prerequisites for the program include:
1) meeting the minimal Grade Point Average of 3.25
2) passing the School of Education Graduate Writing Assessment
3) having two years of teaching experience
4) being eligible for a clear renewable, level five State of Georgia Teaching Certificate.
A complete set of application materials consists of:
1) the application form
2) official copies of all transcripts
3) a copy of your current teaching certificate
4) two letters of professional recommendation
5) verification of immunization
Each emphasis area of the Ed.S. Degree in Curriculum and Instruction requires the following:
EDCI 7741: Collaborative Cultures for Educational Change (3 semester hours)
EDCI 7742: Intellectual Inquiry for Educational Change (3 semester hours)
EDCI 7743: Critical Inquiry in Professional Practice (3 hours)
EDCI 7744: Educators as Change Agents (3 semester hours)
EDCI 7745: Architects of Authentic Learning (3 semester hours)
The rest of the program is separated into the requirements for each emphasis. For more information about your specific area, please contact the Chairperson of Early Childhood and Middle Grades Education or the Chairperson of Foundations and Secondary Education.
Total Semester Hours: 27