About this course
The Specialist of Education in Curriculum & Instruction provides advanced study in one of three areas of emphasis for qualified master educators. The emphases are Early Childhood Education, Middle Grades Education, and Secondary Education. The program of study builds upon work completed at the master's level and is organized around research-based practice. The Ed.S. program at Georgia College is specifically designed for currently certified educators. Geared towards working adults, scheduling is flexible with research requirements completed on the job in your school.
If you currently are a certified educator in the state of Georgia at the T-5 level in Early Childhood Education, Middle Grades Education, or Secondary Education and want to broaden your expertise in the classroom and school programming in curriculum, instruction and applied research. The Ed.S. in Curriculum & Instruction is open to any currently certified educator with appropriate certification in early childhood, middle grades, or secondary education.
Prerequisites for the program include:
1) meeting the minimal Grade Point Average of 3.25
2) passing the School of Education Graduate Writing Assessment
3) having two years of teaching experience
4) being eligible for a clear renewable, level five State of Georgia Teaching Certificate.
A complete set of application materials consists of:
1) the application form
2) official copies of all transcripts
3) a copy of your current teaching certificate
4) two letters of professional recommendation
5) verification of immunization