About this course
As an MSF student, you learn firsthand from a faculty of accomplished scholars and teachers. This online program gives working professionals from anywhere in the world the opportunity to deepen their business and technical finance skills, and experience a Georgetown University education where faculty are fully committed to high-quality teaching.
Engage in an online finance degree program that offers a curriculum of intensive coursework, real-world applications, a global outlook, and a commitment to ethical values. When you graduate from Georgetown University with your MSF degree, you will be on your way to take your place among global financial leaders with a library of knowledge that includes:
- The ability to value stocks, bonds, and derivatives using cutting-edge valuation methods
- A comprehensive understanding of how to evaluate corporate investment projects
- An appreciation for the importance of ethical decision making
- The ability to construct an efficient portfolio using the latest techniques for estimating expected returns and risks
- A thorough understanding of how markets work according to the Efficient Market Hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis of Behavioral Finance
- The ability to blend sophisticated modeling with a global mindset in the management of corporate risks
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 550 (paper-based test) or 80 (internet test). Many departments and programs require submission of a TOEFL score of 600 (paper-based test) or 100 (internet test) or higher.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 7.0. Some departments and programs require submission of an IELTS score of 7.5.