About this course
Electrical Technology involves the maintenance, installation, testing and connection of electrical systems. Electrical work takes place in factories, industrial buildings, residential properties and other facilities.
Learn how to work with the electrical systems of mechanical equipment used in businesses and industries.
Construction Electricians read blueprints to install and maintain a building's electrical system.
The job responsibilities of maintenance electricians depends upon the place of employment. Tasks include:
- Spending time performing preventative maintenance
- Inspecting and locating problems preventatively
- Laying the founding for electrical systems of high rise buildings
- Performing maintenance on a residential home
Maintaining a safe environment is the top priority of all types of electricians. This field requires using specialized knowledge in electricity, refrigeration, solid state electronic controls and safety.
Electricians are employed in all industries, including construction and maintenance. Many are self-employed. This program is designed to help students narrow their focus in becoming a specialist.
- You must be a graduate of what is equivalent to the 12th grade in the U.S.
- You must have English Proficiency.