About this course
A Master of Wealth and Trust Management will prepare you for a financial management career and future advancement opportunities by equipping you with an in-depth understanding of the field, a certified financial planner status, and opportunities for reality-based learning through connections with business professionals.
By completing the Master of Wealth and Trust Management degree, you will obtain firm practical, experiential and theoretical foundations in a variety of financial industry fields. Through the program you will gain skills in investment analysis and portfolio management, and financial, retirement and estate planning, as well as in-depth knowledge of securities regulation, wealth transfer and risk management.
The program includes two face-to-face courses each fall and spring during evenings at Gardner-Webb’s campus in Charlotte, N.C., a city that is second only to New York City in banking assets headquarters nationwide. It also includes two online courses each summer. In addition to internship and mentorship opportunities, you will apply your classroom knowledge in a state-of-the-art financial laboratory that offers global market data and interactive technologies in GWU’s Charlotte center.
- Graduate from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a bachelor’s degree.
- Complete undergraduate course prerequisites or equivalents with a “C” or better. Persons who have not completed this requirement may be granted “conditional acceptance,” and after satisfactorily completing the required courses at Gardner-Webb University or elsewhere may be granted full admission. See below for required prerequisites by program.
- Present a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for MBA, IMBA, MAcc or MWTM program on all undergraduate coursework completed on the last 64 hours of undergraduate or graduate work attempted.
- Original transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Detailed resume of professional experience.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation on our standard form.