Other costs apply
About this course
Students will be able to:
- Perform as a soloist in a manner that is both musically expressive and technically proficient.
- Interpret a variety of styles, periods and genres according to recognized standards of performance practice.
- Perform in collaboration with other musicians, using appropriate performance and stage presence techniques.
- Demonstrate keyboard proficiency, including mastery of scales, triads, chord progressions, and figured bass.
- Sing tonal melodies that contain chromatic writing, modulations, and differentiated rhythmic values.
- Transcribe from an aural source material of intermediate melodic, harmonic and rhythmic complexity.
- Master current musical software programs (Sibelius and/or Finale), including ability to compose or arrange music.
Submit the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores directly to the Admissions Office. Minimum acceptable score is 500 on the paper-based test, 173 on the computer-based test or 61 on the internet-based test.