About this course
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) with a concentration in Healthcare Management is designed for mid-level managers and professionals in business and other organizations who aspire to greater leadership and management roles. Students learn to link theory with practice, and to understand the multi-disciplinary demands of a business environment that is increasingly global, technology-oriented, and diverse.
Class size is typically limited to 25 students to ensure personalized attention. As students move through the curriculum, this class structure promotes personal development within a team-centric environment. Students also benefit from the variety of backgrounds and distinct experiences the each individual brings to the program as well as providing excellent networking opportunities.
Admission to the MBA degree program is available to qualified individuals who hold an undergraduate degree in any major from an accredited college or university. Admission is based on professional work experience, performance in previous college/ university study, results from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE), assessment of written essays, and appraisal of letters of recommendation.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission form.
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (if applicable). Students who have transcripts from outside the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by a Credit Evaluation service and translated into English.
- Official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results taken within the past five years. Applicants who have completed a master’s degree or a terminal degree from a United States regionally-accredited college or university or nationally accredited program may request to be exempt from submitting GMAT or GRE results.
- Two written essays. Each essay should be typed or printed, single spaced and limited to the length indicated. The essay questions are: What would you like the MBA Admissions Committee to know about you? (450-word limit) and either What are your three most substantial achievements and why do you consider them to be substantial achievements? (700-word limit) or What experience in the military, public service, or business do you have? Explain how this experience equips you for the MBA program. (700-word limit)
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly to Graduate Admissions at Framingham State University by the evaluators.
- A current professional resume.
- TOEFL scores (550 or higher) or IELTS scores (6.5 or higher) are required of applicants seeking admission from non-English speaking countries. The TOEFL or IELTS may be waived if the applicant has successfully completed at least two full academic years in a college/ university in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or Canada.
- Applicants are required to interview with the Program Coordinator and/or Program Advisor.