About this course
The Medical Assistant program prepares graduates to assist physicians in outpatient settings performing administrative and/ or clinical tasks. Medical Assistants are multi-skilled, allied health workers who perform a variety of skills assisting physicians with patient care. Intended Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the importance of maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the Medical Assisting field, at all times and in all situations.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Practice within the ethical and legal codes of the Medical Assisting field.
- Demonstrate entry-level clinical skills of Medical Assisting.
- Demonstrate entry-level administrative skills of Medical Assisting.
- Acknowledge the need for continuing education for personal and professional development and reflect the changing nature of healthcare